Monday, January 9, 2012

Rice Therapy Bags

I mentioned rice therapy bags in my last blog post. I have had people ask for more information, so thought I'd blog about them.

When I was first introduced to the idea of rice bags, it was by an older lady who told me to put rice in a sock, tie off the end, microwave it, and then enjoy. Since then, I have discovered people who have crafted multi-use rice bags. And not just grabbed a (clean) sock for therapy.

It's a wonder my family doesn't think I'm strange. :)

You can find rice therapy bags in some stores, but the best place I've found besides making them yourself, is Etsy.

Rice bags on Etsy.

They have ones made for the shoulders. Some for the entire back. Others that wrap around the knees and elbows. Some that wrap around the wrists or for the hands to rest on during computer use. A few for sinus or headache relief and others for kids when they get "boo boos".  Below are some examples (all from Etsy).








They are amazing! You can not only microwave them, you can also freeze them. The olden days icy hot packs! Hope you try these for yourself. Don't just take my word.

4 comments:

  1. Now I know where to go to get these amazing goodies if ever I need one :D Thank you for posting this

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! These make perfect gifts, by the way. (hint hint) ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new massage therapist and was looking to incorporate rice bags in my massages. Do I need to take any claasses to be able to do so? I haven't found a lot of info on this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, you can incorporate them into your massages without taking a class. I do recommend practicing on fellow therapists or friends who will give you constructive feedback on what feels good and helps before doing so on clients.

    ReplyDelete